Would you like to make a difference in the lives of cats and kittens in your community? Do you have a spare room and a little extra time? Fostering may be perfect for you!
Opening your home to a foster pet saves lives, plus it frees up space for another pet to be rescued. Fostering a pet, whether for days, weeks or months may be short-term, but the results are long lasting - not only to the pet, but to you, too. Studies have shown that having a furry friend around can reduce anxiety and help relieve stress - not to mention brighten even the dreariest days.
Here are just a few ways fostering helps:
• A shelter can be a noisy, stressful place, especially for shy and frightened animals. Providing a loving, quiet, safe space goes a long way toward preparing an animal for adoption.
• Orphaned or newborn animals, as well as those with special medical needs or behavioral challenges, benefit greatly from the one-on-one attention they receive in foster care.
• Fostering helps pets get accustomed to life in a home, smooths their way toward adoption and helps set them up for success in their forever homes.
• If you’re thinking about adopting a cat or kitten, fostering is a great way to find out if an animal is a good fit for you and your family. And foster parents get first dibs on the animal they’re fostering.
• Fosters are provided with everything they need - food, litter, kitten formula, and other supplies, as well as ongoing support and training.
Please get in touch with Precious Paws today and help us save more lives!
Call 775-575-0950 or message us through Facebook